Assurance Staff Accountant, Focused on Closely Held Clients - Hybrid
Cohen & Company
Certified Public Accountants
At Cohen & Company, our purpose is to engage, teach, inspire and improve lives through the power of knowledge and trust. We value great people, teamwork, a competitive spirit and courage, and the ability to adapt and remain optimistic.
Named one of the fastest growing private companies in the country, Cohen & Company offers assurance, tax and advisory services to clients throughout the U.S. and worldwide. The firm serves a broad range of clients, from privately held companies and their owners; to private equity firms and their portfolio companies; to public and private funds, advisers and fund service providers within the investment industry; to Fortune 1000 multinational enterprises. Cohen & Company was founded in 1977 and has more than 650 associates in Illinois, Ohio, Maryland, Michigan, New York, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Learn more at cohencpa.com. Member PCAOB.
We are very excited about our opportunities and are seeking individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to client service to join our team!
Our firm’s comprehensive trainings will provide you with all the tools you need launch your career in public accounting. You’ll get hands-on experience with clients, gain technical knowledge, and build lasting relationships with your peers and firm leaders.
Staff Accountant Opportunities
- Experienced Staff Accountant
- Entry level Staff Accountant
- Location: Akron, Cleveland, Youngstown; Ohio
Experienced Staff Requirements
- Must have 150 credit hours completed to sit for CPA exam
- Actively studying to pass the CPA exam, if not completed already
- Currently working at the experienced Staff Accountant level
- Experience working on clients in one or more of the following industries: manufacturing, automotive, distribution, real estate and construction, healthcare, professional services industries, mutual funds, hedge funds, etc.
- Bachelor of Business Administration degree
- Major: Accounting
- Preferred Minors/2nd Majors: Finance, Data Analytics, Information Systems
- GPA: Minimum 3.2
- 0-1 years of public accounting internship experience or internal accounting experience
- Earned 150 credit hours to sit for the CPA Exam