Director of Business Development, Technology
At Team NEO, our job is to positively impact the landscape of Northeast Ohio through the lens of business attraction, economic development, and talent. We’re the team behind the scenes helping
provide jobs, stability, and growth to the region in partnership with JobsOhio. Our work helps businesses grow within the region and helps companies from all over the world realize their potential
in Northeast Ohio. If you have a passion for the technology sector, have always been interested in the crossroads of business, government, and higher education or just happen to have caught the infectious love for Northeast Ohio, let’s talk!
The Director of Business Development, Technology is an experienced person with related business development or economic development experience working with technology driven companies. This is a highly visible position responsible for engaging with multiple levels of leadership- from CEOs and elected officials to local economic development leaders, to higher education; your ability to uniquely communicate our message to each and every level is paramount to our success. The Director-level teammates within Team NEO are expected to be self-starters and subject matter experts in their chosen sector. We want to empower you to develop new ideas and programming that will drive superior customer service and business engagement. We believe Northeast Ohio is the best place for any company to do business and it will be your responsibility to build the strategies that make companies outside the region recognize the untapped potential they have in Northeast Ohio. What you will quickly learn is that Northeast Ohio is full of different organizations that exist to help you fulfill your mission your ability to coordinate and work alongside them will quickly determine your level of success.
▪ Contribute to an existing business development program that places an emphasis on strategic, outcomes-focused conversations via Business Retention & Expansion (BR&E) visits to in-region
▪ Coordinate local partners with Team NEO, JobsOhio, and other resources in business visit preparation, execution, and follow-up of BR&E visits
▪ Develop a high awareness to regional and statewide technology assets, talent, tools, and resources that support business growth in Northeast Ohio, then leverage those resources in the work
▪ Identify and share aggregated insights and trends from the business development calling activities
▪ Work with regional partners (e.g. universities, incubators, accelerators) on technology industry strategies and joint programs to spur technology companies’ growth
▪ Maintain all customer and partner communications, activities, leads and projects within the Salesforce CRM tool
▪ Represent Team NEO among local business development teams, external meetings and networking functions as requested
▪ Create relationships with multipliers (e.g., professional services firms) who add value to Team NEO’s technology -related strategies
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Solid knowledge of the sales cycle (from cold calling to lead generation to close) highly preferred
• Self-starter, who can take ownership and show leadership in communicating with companies, LEDO’s, internal and external stakeholders
• Understanding of capital investment and competency in discussing financial data
• Possess a functional knowledge of technology trends and a passion for growing Northeast Ohio’s competitiveness in that space, including but not limited to data processing, software, hardware,
cybersecurity, e-commerce, fintech, and insurtech
• Bachelor’s degree in business, information technology / computer science. Master’s degree is a plus
• Functional knowledge in Northeast Ohio’s targeted industries and innovation clusters
• Understanding of the best practices for high performance business development
• High familiarity with MS Office and Salesforce
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Frequent in-region travel with minimal out-of-region travel beyond the region will be required. Having access to a vehicle is required.