The ULI Cleveland Real Estate Diversity Initiative (REDi) helps emerging developers learn about what it takes to put together a successful development.
Have you wondered what it takes to be a real estate developer? Would you like to add real estate development skills to your existing career portfolio? Are you a woman and/or a person of color? If you answered YES, the Real Estate Diversity Initiative (REDI) is for you!
The Real Estate Diversity Initiative (REDI) is a comprehensive real estate development training and mentorship program for women, LGBTQ+, and people of color. The curriculum covers the spectrum of the real estate development process.
The ideal participant will have, at minimum, knowledge of real estate concepts, an undergraduate degree, a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and a desire to engage in real estate development. Competitive applications will demonstrate sufficient career experience to do well in the program, a strong commitment and desire to participate in the program, and supportive references. A panel consisting of representatives from the Urban Land Institute will select individuals for the 2021 class, which will kick off in early 2021.
- Women and people of color are eligible to apply for the program.
- 30 applicants will be accepted, based on completed applications, including 2 letters of reference.
- 100% class participation is required to graduate and receive the free ULI membership (up to three pre-approved absences are permitted). Please get your employer’s approval to participate before you apply!
- Fee upon acceptance into the program must be received before the program begins in late June. If the fee is not collected in time, you forfeit your place in the program.
- Due to COVID-19, the 2021 sessions will likely be hosted virtually to prioritize everyone’s health and safety. Since this is the case, you must have access to a computer and an internet connection to participate. If it is possible to meet in person later in the program, we will do so.
- Participants must complete a program evaluation.
Participant rewards (upon successful program completion):
- Certificate of program completion.
- AICP, AIA, and real estate broker Continuing Education Units.
- Large and small group real estate mentoring and education worth $15,000.
- and more!
This is your opportunity to further your career by learning directly from real estate mentors about the challenges, opportunities, and best practices in the real estate development industry.