The ULI Cleveland Real Estate Diversity Initiative (REDi) helps emerging developers learn about what it takes to put together a successful development.
Have you wondered what it takes to be a real estate developer? Would you like to add real estate development skills to your existing career portfolio? Are you a woman, LGBTQ+, and/or a person of color? If you answered YES, the Real Estate Diversity Initiative (REDI) is for you!
The Real Estate Diversity Initiative (REDI) is a comprehensive real estate development training and mentorship program for people of color, women, and LGBTQ+ individuals. The curriculum covers the spectrum of the real estate development process.
The ideal participant will have, at minimum, knowledge or interest in real estate, an undergraduate degree, a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and a desire to engage in real estate development. Competitive applications will demonstrate sufficient career experience to do well in the program, a strong commitment and desire to participate in the program, and supportive references. A panel consisting of representatives from the Urban Land Institute will select individuals for the 2021 class, which will kick off in early 2021.
- People of color, women, and LGBTQ+ individuals are eligible to apply for the program.
- 30 applicants will be accepted, based on completed applications.
- 100% class participation is required to graduate and receive the free ULI membership (up to three pre-approved absences are permitted). Please get your employer’s approval to participate before you apply!
- Fee upon acceptance into the program must be received before the program begins in late June. If the fee is not collected in time, you forfeit your place in the program.
- Due to COVID-19, the 2021 sessions will be hosted virtually to prioritize everyone’s health and safety. Since this is the case, you must have access to a computer and an internet connection to participate. If it is possible to meet in person later in the program, we will do so.
- Participants must complete a program evaluation following the coursework.
Participant rewards (upon successful program completion):
- Certificate of program completion.
- AICP, AIA, and real estate broker Continuing Education Units.
- Large and small group real estate mentoring and education worth $15,000.
- and more!
This is your opportunity to further your career by learning directly from real estate mentors about the challenges, opportunities, and best practices in the real estate development industry.
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, please keep in touch .